Rugby 18.6.2018 12:18 pm

Ashwin fails to provide input in SuperSport investigation

Ashwin Willemse during the 2017 Super Rugby Season launch at SuperSport Studios, Multichoice City on February 22, 2017 in Johannesburg. Picture: Gallo Images

Ashwin Willemse during the 2017 Super Rugby Season launch at SuperSport Studios, Multichoice City on February 22, 2017 in Johannesburg. Picture: Gallo Images

The broadcaster even extended the deadline for the independent investigation to allow the former Bok to give his own testimony but this wasn’t forthcoming.

SuperSport’s independent investigation into the Ashwin Willemse affair has apparently been completed without any evidence from the man himself.

According to Sport24, the former Springbok wing, who last month walked out of the studio during an on-air broadcast, didn’t submit any testimony for Advocate Vincent Maleka to consider in his probe of the incident.

ALSO READ: WATCH: Drama in SuperSport studio as Ashwin Willemse walks out …

Maleka had earlier asked for an extension of his 11 June deadline in order to try and solicit input from Willemse.

He confirmed to the publication that his report has been submitted to the broadcaster.

SuperSport are expected to make a public statement later on Monday.

Willemse divided opinion during a sensational monologue where he said that he was tired of his fellow studio colleagues – Nick Mallett and Naas Botha – “patronising” him.

“As a player, I was labelled a quota player for a long time. I’ve worked hard to earn my respect in this game. I’m not going to be patronised by two individuals who played in the Apartheid era, in the era of segregation. I won’t be undermined,” he said.

The three men haven’t been used for rugby broadcasts since the incident.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Citizen Trail Run 2018

today in print