– Two goal hero Robert Ng’ambi is named Man-of-the-Match
– referee Robert Smith blows his whistle for full time. Full time score: Platinum Stars 2-1 Ajax Cape Town
– 90′ offside call goes against Stars
– 89′ Substitution for Stars: Bryce Moon comes on Segolela
– 88′ GOAAAL! Ng’ambi scores for Stars with a header
– 86′ Morris almost steals all the three points for Ajax, but Dambe does well to deny him
– 77′ free kick for Ajax and a yellow card for Semenya
– 76′ Substitution for Stars: Sibusiso Msomi comes on for Ngele
– 74′ another corner for Ajax, but Stars clear the danger
– 72′ corner kick for Ajax
– 71′ Substitution for Ajax: Norodien makes way for Franklin Cale
– 71′ free kick for Ajax
– 70′ Paulse’s header goes over the bar
– 67′ Substitution for Stars: Mduduzi Nyanda comes on for Tshabalala
– 64′ Substitution for Ajax: Mzwakali makes way for Nathan Paulse
– 64′ Ngele’s chip goes narrowly wide with Jaakkola well beaten
– 61′ Jaakkola does well again to deny Ngele
– 60′ Mere’s shot goes over the crossbar after yet another good Stars’ buildup
– 58′ Segolela beats the Ajax defence for pace, but Jaakkola does well to deny him a goal
– 55′ Segolela’s header goes wide from a Mere cross
– 53′ free kick for Ajax
– 49′ free kick for Stars and a yellow card for Lebusa
– 48′ corner kick for Stars
– 47′ Madubanya’s shot is saved by Jaakkola
– Stars get the second half under way
– referee blows for the half-time break. Half-time score: Platinum Stars 1-1 Ajax Cape Town
– 45+2′ free kick for Ajax and a yellow card for Madubanya
– 45′ Norodien is book for an off the ball incident
– 44′ Jaakkola produces a brilliant save to deny Ngele
– 38′ offside call goes against Ajax. Another tight call from the assistant referee
– 34′ Dambe is down and receiving treatment
– 30′ free kick for Ajax
– 28′ GOAAAL! Isaacs scores the equaliser for Ajax!
– 27′ corner kick for Stars, but Ajax clear the danger
– 25′ another offside call goes against Ajax, as they try to look for the equaliser
strong>- 23′ offside call goes against Ajax
– 21′ Tshabalala appeals for penalty, but the referee waves play on
– 20′ free kick for Stars
– 19′ corner kick for Ajax, but Stars clear the danger
– 14′ offside call goes against Stars
– 13′ GOAAAL! Ng’ambi puts Stars in the lead with a chest. I guess they all count!
– 11′ Dambe does well again to parry Lolo’s shot for a corner kick
– 8′ Morris breaks free from his marker, but fails to beat Dambe from six metres out
– 6′ Ngele’s shot is deflected away for a corner kick
– 5′ free kick for Stars and a yellow card for Scott
– Ajax get the game underway. They are playing from right to left, while Stars play from left to right.
Platinum Stars: Dambe, Mere, Semenya, Tshikovhi, Masenamela, Ng’ambi, Madabunya, Segolela, Tshabalala, Ngele, Mabena.
Ajax Cape Town: Jaakkola, Lolo, Mobara, Coetzee, Lebusa, Graham, E. Isaacs, Scott, Morris, Mzwakali, Norodien.
After leaving Dikwena to take charge of SuperSport United during the 2013/14 season, Cavin Johnson makes his return to the Stars bench tonight. His task is to take Stars out of the relegation quagmire they find themselves. Can he lead Dikwena to victory tonight or will the Urban Warriors condemn his team further into the relegation wilderness?
Hello to the Royal Bafokeng Stadium where Platinum Stars take on Ajax Cape Town in an Absa Premiership match.
Would you like to place a soccer bet? Click here to get started in 3 easy steps.