As the lockdown continues, more and more families are finding it difficult to provide for their families. To aid struggling families, the government has put a relief measure in place to alleviate the financial strain families are feeling.
Who qualifies for this grant?
- Above the age of 18
- Not receiving any income
- Not receiving any social grant
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Not resident in a government-funded or subsidized institution
How do you apply?
You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an electronic application form that you will have to submit and send back.
Applicants can also send a Whatsapp to 0600123456, but it is currently not working SASSA will inform the public when this technology is available.
What do you need to apply?
- Identity number/department of home affairs permit
- Name, surname (and initials) as captured in the ID
- Gender and disability status
- Banking details: bank name and account number
- Contact details: cellphone number
- Proof of residential address
If your application is successful, you will be paid R350 for 6 months.
People who apply under pretences and use false information will be prosecuted.