You have just given birth to your child and you want nothing else than to keep them close to you. Or, you have just birthed via C-section and are too uncomfortable to hold your little human. Hospital says that the baby needs to be in their own bassinet. This is because hospitals don’t promote co-sleeping because it is regarded as a safety hazard for the baby.
What if there was a maternity bed that allowed you to co-sleep safely?
BellyBelly might have a solution for you.
They posted a picture of a co-sleeping maternity bed that has gone viral.
This bed allows mothers to sleep with their newborns without risking their wellbeing.
“I remember how I held the bassinet with one arm as I slept that night” one mom shared with us. Some mothers even get off the bed to check on their little ones a few times during the night to check if they are still breathing.
For breastfeeding moms, this bed offers a bigger convenience. Instead of having to reach out to the bassinet or get out the bed, your baby is right next to you.
BellyBelly notes some incredible benefits for co-sleeping with the baby.
- Babies can easily get into daytime and nighttime sleeping patterns
- Parents can tend to the baby’s needs more conveniently
- Babies rouse themselves easier, meaning that don’t wake up entirely but stay in a light sleep during the night
- Parents can bond with the baby much easier
- Moms can maintain a better milk supply
- Parents can get more sleep instead of waking up every few hours to tend to the baby
These beds are a genius idea and it would be great to have them in maternity wards.