Man electrocuted after falling into hole with exposed wires

Man electrocuted after falling into hole with exposed wires

File image.

The man sustained serious burns to his left leg and right arm, and required advanced life support intervention.

A man was electrocuted and seriously injured after he fell into an open hole where there were exposed electrical wires.

According to Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst, paramedics responded to a report of a fall in Woodmead Drive, Sandton, at 6.08am on Tuesday.

“Reports from the scene indicate that an adult male fell into an open hole with exposed wires sometime during the night,” Herbst said.

The man sustained serious burns to his left leg and right arm, and required advanced life support intervention.

“The patient was safely removed from the hole by fire and rescue services,” Herbst said.

Once treated, he was transported by ambulance to hospital for further treatment.

For more news your way, download The Citizen’s app for iOS and Android.



today in print