Various streets in the Tshwane CBD will be closed on Thursday morning for the annual State of the City address by the mayor, reports Pretoria East Rekord.
Affected streets will be closed between 06:00 and 12:00.
The address will start with a parade from Church Square moving towards Tshwane House, according to senior superintendent Isaac Mahamba.
From Church Square, they will move south in Paul Kruger Street, turn left into Francis Baard Street, then proceed to turn left into Lillian Ngoyi Street.
Moving along Lilian Ngoyi Street, they will turn right at Madiba Street to reach Tshwane House.
The following intersections will be closed between 06:00 and 12:00:
- Thabo Sehume and Madiba streets
- Lillian Ngoyi and Pretorius streets
- Sisulu and Madiba streets
- Lillian Ngoyi and Madiba streets
- Johannes Ramokhoase Street from the intersection with Sisulu Street to Thabo Sehume Street
- Sisulu Street, between Struben and Pretorius Street
- Tshwane House main entrance will also be closed.
“Taxis that usually park along the affected streets may park at Kgosi Mampuru and Madiba streets,” said Mahamba.
“Invited guests will have to present their accreditation cards to the officers deployed at the street closures.”
Metro police officers and other law-enforcement agencies will be deployed.
Motorists are advised to avoid the CBD during that time, and use alternative routes such as:
- Nana Sita Street
- Visagie Street
- Du Toit Street
- Struben Street