Eskom said load reduction would be implemented across six provinces on Thursday, 24 June 2021, to “avoid network overloading in high-density areas”.
Power cuts have been scheduled in Gauteng, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo and North West between 5am and 9am.
In Mpumalanga, power outages have been scheduled from 5am to 7am, and again from 5pm to 7pm.
Eskom load reduction: 24 June 2021
Eskom warns that overloading of the electrical grid “can damage electricity infrastructures by causing explosions of transformers and mini-substations”.
“To avoid overloading the Eskom network and damage to infrastructure in high-density areas prone to network overloading, Eskom will implement load reduction during peak evening hours”.
Eskom urges all customers to report meter bypasses, illegal connections and vandalism of electricity infrastructure on the Eskom Crime Line, 0800 11 27 22.
Load reduction in Gauteng will take place between 5am and 9am.
- Soweto – Chiawelo, Dhlamini, Jabavu, Jabavu Central Western, Jabulani, Klipspruit, Mofolo Central, Mofolo North, Mofolo South, Molapo, Moroka, Moroka North, Orlando Ekhaya, Orlando West, Pimville Zones 1 to 7 and 9, Senaoane and Zondi
- West rand – Bekkersdal, Kagiso, and Rietvlei.
Load reduction in North West will take place between 5am and 9am.
- Rusternburg Sector – Manamakgotheng
- Klerksdorp, Mmabatho & Vryburg Sector – Havelock, Itsoseng, Verdwaal
Power outages in Limpopo will take place between 5am and 9am.
- Soekmekaar/Munnik 22kV – Sekgopo Village
- Mahwelereng/Madiba 2, 22kV – Madiba, Masodi
- Merensky/Lavino 22kV – Ga Mahlakwena, Ga Mampuru, Ga Phasha, Tukakgomo, Mashataung, Nokaneng, Tsakane
Load reduction in the Mpumalanga will take place between 5am and 7am, and again between 5pm and 7pm.
Power outages will affect the following districts: Gert Sibande, Nkangala, and eHlanzeni.
Load reduction in the Free State will take place between 6am and 9am.
- Phomolong SW STN Charlie 1 – Phomolong
- Phomolong SW STN Delta 1 – Phomolong
Load reduction in Eastern Cape will take place between 5am and 9am.
- Mnquma local municipality, Butterworth, Lamplough Ibika – Ngxalathi, Ibika, Extension 24, 15, Vulu Valley, Cuba, Mcubakazi, Zizamele, Msobomvu
Load reduction in KwaZulu-Natal will take place between 5am and 7am.
Compiled by Cheryl Kahla