The Tshwane ANC ward councillor who was arrested and charged in connection with an alleged assassination list of fellow party members is currently out of bail.
Councillor Joel Sindane of ward 21, Mabopane has been released on R3 000 bail after appearing in the Ga-Rankuwa Magistrate’s Court recently, Rekord East reported.
He was released last Thursday after he had been arrested by Pretoria North police at his Mabopane home on 15 March.
Sindane is alleged to have been involved in a conspiracy to kill 11 of his party members in who had been on the purported hit list which included a member of the Tshwane Mayoral Committee.
He first appeared in Ga-Rankuwa Magistrate’s Court on 17 March when he was remanded in custody and denied bail.
According to police, Sindane was the second suspect to be arrested in connection with the list.
The first suspect was arrested on 3 November 3 last year, and charged with conspiracy and incitement to commit a serious crime.
Tshwane ANC spokesperson, Tebogo Joala said the party had not yet made a decision regarding Sindane’s future within the Party.
Joala said the party not taken a decision to suspend Sindane who continues to serve as a councillor and still receives a salary.
Sindane is expected again in court on 3 May.
– Caxton News Service