Ladysmith Gazette has compiled a list of 10 things you should probably make sure are in your car, to prepare for anything.
In case an emergency occurs, or you find yourself in a situation that requires s0me specialised equipment, rest assured that you can cope if you keep the following 10 things handy in your car.
READ MORE: How to change a tyre in 5 easy steps
1. Tyre changing supplies: This kit includes items such as a spare tyre, the iron, lug wrench and a tyre jack.
2. Tyre sealant: This is a quick fix to repair a leaking or punctured tyre.
3. Jumper cables: These are very important, as a dead battery can take you by surprise and leave you stranded. Also, not everyone keeps these in their car, so it’s best to have your own set.
4. Gas can: Always keep extra fuel in case you run out. This is safer and more convenient than walking to the nearest gas station.
5. Fire extinguisher: If yours or another car catches fire, or you come across a small fire, then this will be a necessity.
6. First aid kit: In case you or someone else gets injured, this will come in handy, and is easily tucked away in the car. Make sure to replace your kits every year.
7. Flashlight: Do not rely on your cell phone for this. Instead, invest in a good flashlight.
8. Multi-tool: You never know what tools you may need, so having this in your car will cover all your bases.
9. Emergency food: Not only for if the youngsters get hungry, but packing emergency food in case you get stuck in traffic or stranded is always a must.
10. Reflective triangles: In case there is an accident or a vehicle has broken down, you will need these to warn other motorists.