Durban private investigator Brad Nathanson has given an interview in which he explains the details leading up to the arrest of a suspect in the Siam Lee murder case, North Glen News reports.
On Thursday evening, police and Nathanson swooped on a home in Hillcrest.
The 20-year-old’s burnt body was allegedly discovered near a farm in New Hanover in the KZN Midlands more than a week ago. Lee had been missing since 4 January and was last seen leaving her workplace on Margaret Maytom.
READ MORE: Man arrested in Siam Lee murder case
“A 29-year-old suspect, who is believed to be involved in the disappearance of Siam Lee, was arrested on Wednesday evening. He was arrested at his home in Hillcrest after an intensive investigation by the detectives. A Mercedes Benz Vito and an unlicensed firearm were seized at his house. Detectives are still awaiting the results of DNA tests to confirm if the burnt body of the woman found at New Hanover is that of Siam Lee. Should that be the case, the suspect will be charged with her murder,” said SAPS provincial spokesman, Col Thembeka Mbhele.
In the video below with Blue Security TV, Nathanson breaks down how the arrest was made.
KwaZulu-Natal Acting Provincial Commissioner, Major General Bheki Langa hailed the breakthrough.
“Our detectives have been working tirelessly and this is the breakthrough we had hoped for. We will ensure that we do everything within our control to ensure that the suspect is placed before a competent court so that he can account for his actions,” he said.