With the festive season in full swing and social activities filled to the brim, Berea Mail selected the top five pet and child friendly places to visit this holiday, while also enjoying Durban’s beautiful beaches and stunning warm weather.
1. Circus Circus Beach Cafe is perfect for the whole family, whether it be a breakfast treat or a pit stop on your morning or afternoon exercise route. It is also a dog friendly restaurant where you can catch a meal with your four-legged best friend.
2. Surf Rider’s Food Shack, on the Durban’s promenade. Known for their delicious burgers and pizza’s, you can grab a great meal whilst surveying the beautiful Indian Ocean. Even better, they have a special dog menu for your pooch.
READ MORE: SPCA gives tips to pet owners this season
3. People’s Park at Moses Mabhida Stadium. There is a kid’s play area for under 12s, expansive lawns and a kilometre-long track. Parking is right at the playground which is made secure for the tiny tots by a little fence. The park is free, with various paid-for activities also available. Contact; Tel 031 582 8242, email firstname.lastname@example.org, www.mmstadium.com
4. Durban Botanical Gardens. Walk among the ‘living fossils’ and spend a few hours with the family walking through the gardens, or pack a picnic basket. The Durban Botanical Gardens are Africa’s oldest surviving botanical gardens and house one of the world’s top collections of “living fossil” plants: pre-dinosaur cycads that extend back 250 million years.
5. Jameson Park, on 350 Montpellier Road, Morningside is perfect for lazy picnics and boasts 600 rose bushes featuring more than 200 species of roses. You can even bring your four-legged friend. Open daily | +27 (0)31 312 2318.