As the flagship of SANParks, various proposals were in the offing at the summit for the Kruger National Park, Lowvelder reported.
If the following public and private partnerships (PPP) proposals are successful, these projects are on the cards for the KNP:
• Development of a picnic-site restaurant and tented accommodation at Nkuhlu.
• The building of Letaba Riverside Lodge at which the operator will be allowed to develop a road network and have exclusive traversing rights.
• The opportunity to develop a 100-bed peripheral safari lodge in close proximity (two kilometres) to Phalaborwa, which will be accessible after gate closing time.
• The construction of Shangoni Cultural Camp which will consist of a 30 beds. It will be accessible after gate closing time and in close proximity to the new Shangoni Gate (five kilometres).
• The upgrading of Phabeni Education and Summer Camp which will entail the managing of an education centre at an existing site near Phabeni Gate.
• Mobile spas or wellness centres in close proximity to a variety of camps.
• Mobile tented safari experiences (two opportunities for operators).
• Two unfenced camps within the KNP tree canopy. Each camp will have 15 tree houses.
• Activities like morning drives, day walks, mountain biking and bird talks will be outsourced.
– Caxton News Service