According to Brian Smith, vice president of marketing and communications at Renault South Africa: “The new Megane RS 265 LUX won’t disappoint.”
“With its optimised Renault Sport engine, the 265 offers high performance coupled with Intelligent Technology. To reiterate the words of Nic Cackett, a top UK road tester: ‘It’s both phenomenally capable and phenomenally rewarding.’
“Available from today at Renault dealerships countrywide, I would urge the motoring public to book a test drive and judge for themselves,” he adds.
In keeping with Renault’s instantly recognisable bold new design identity, the imposing grille also incorporates Renault Sport badging beneath the distinctive and enlarged Renault logo centre piece.
Like its predecessor, the new Megane RS 265 LUX marries sport and comfort, two quintessential components of every Renault Sport road car that afford true motoring pleasure and the ultimate driving experience. High quality and refinement is evident in every detail of the cabin’s design, styling and ergonomics, as demonstrated by the RS clusters and logo on the dashboard and the stitching which is centre positioned on the steering wheel. The fitment of drilled aluminium sports pedals and RS door sills enhance the fine detailing.
With its high level of comfort, the new Megane RS 265 LUX is perfectly adapted to daily use. The RS leather seats – electrically adjustable and heated – afford exceptional lumbar support and comfort, more important than ever for when the extreme driving bug bites.
The 2.0 litre, 16-valve, four-cylinder RS Turbo petrol engine delivers 195kW at 5 500rpm and maximum torque of 360Nm at 3 800rpm.
In tandem with a six-speed gearbox, the powerplant delivers exceptional performance: a zero to 100km/h sprint clocks up just six seconds and top speed is a remarkable 250km/h, it is claimed. With performance pegged at the top of its category, fuel economy still remains optimised.
On-board super-smart technology that are standard fitments on the New Megane RS 265 LUX deliver consummate convenience. These include:
- TomTom Live Navigation;
- Bluetooth connectivity which enables safe and convenient hands-free telephony and music streaming from remote devices whilst on the go;
- Renault hands-free key card for keyless starting by remote control as well as locking/unlocking of the doors and boot;
- Radio CD MP3 with USB port plus fingertip controls behind the steering wheel; and
- Cruise control and speed limiter that allows the electronic setting of the driver’s choice of cruise or maximum speeds.
Renault’s stance on safety is well documented and, as with all passenger cars in the Renault line-up, safety on the new Megane RS 265 LUX is of paramount importance. A comprehensive array of passive and active safety features and fitments are standard. These include:
- ABS braking coupled with Emergency Brake Assist (EBA);
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD);
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) which, in the event of loss of control due to excessive speed or slippery road conditions, helps to get the vehicle under control by reducing engine power and braking on independent wheels;
- Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR) anti-skid system; and
- Eight airbags.
Three-point safety belts for the three rear passengers ensure the safety of all passengers.
As is the case across Renault’s entire product range, the new Megane Renault Sport 265 2.0 Turbo LUX comes with the manufacturer’s industry-leading five-year/
150 000km mechanical warranty plan. Six-year anti-corrosion warranty and five-year/90 000km service plans also apply.