Further to the recall of 2004 – 2007 Subaru Impreza and WRX models announced in 2016 for defective or potentially defective Takata airbag modules, Subaru SA has had to announce another recall that affects a few more Subaru models produced and sold between 2004 and 2014 in South Africa.
This new recall affects 2098 vehicles purchased in South Africa during this period. The decision to recall these vehicles is part of a global recall that involves a number of car manufacturers.
Deon Van Heerden, Technical Manager at Subaru SA says ” Subaru SA is urging customers to start the process of getting their vehicles seen to, even though there have been no reports or incidents in South Africa.”
This recall only relates to the passenger front airbag, and does not affect any other airbags within Subaru vehicles nor those vehicles that were not equipped with a Takata inflator.
- 2004 – 2011 Subaru WRX
- 2004 – 2011 Subaru Impreza
- 2009 – 2012 Subaru Forester
- 2005 – 2014 Subaru Legacy
- 2005 – 2014 Subaru Outback
- 2005-2011 Subaru Tribeca
Subaru SA is urging customers to:
- Visit the recall page on the Subaru SA website at www.subaru.co.za/recall
Insert your VIN number into the VIN checker field to find out if your vehicle is part of this recall.
- If it is, customers will be directed to a form asking for their contact information and their preferred dealership, after which Subaru will make contact with the customers to book their vehicles in for a service.
For any questions or queries on the recall, Subaru requests all communication to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.