1. I am a 23-year-old singer and songwriter from the Eastern Cape. Music is my chosen obsession as it holds a special place in my heart. I even studied it because it brings me joy.
2. As a little girl, I knew that I wanted be a singer. I remember telling my mother that I would one day be a famous singer – this is my childhood dream. I still get excited when I see people appreciating my music. When my album dropped, it was humbling to see them enjoying and praising it.
3. Sometimes I find it hard to deal with people’s expectations of me. This is because creating music is a personal venture. Sometimes I feel like everyone just wants a piece of me, and I am learning to deal with that.
4. I learnt a lot after getting eliminated from the top 16 of SA Idols season 11. Being eliminated taught me the importance of perseverance and persistence. I also learnt about the huge impact and power that social media has on the industry.
5. It was an honour to be part of the Reconciliation Festival. I was speechless when I was approached to be part of the line-up that included artists such as Lira and Zonke. The energy and the feedback from the crowd was a remarkable experience.
Brought to you by Bona Magazine