The actors were expected in court last month, but they never showed up.
Ash Kewalpershad, spokesperson for the Generations Actors Guild (GAG), told The Citizen a few days later the date was postponed and a press statement was to be released regarding the court date.
However, the Guild did not release the said statement.
On Monday, Marang Setshwaelo, also from GAG, said they had “decided not to continue” with the application.
Marang said the process was “taking long” and refused to give any more details.
While the SABC had admitted the new Generations, screened as Generations: The Legacy, was not doing well, eTV is also introducing its new telenovela in the 8pm time slot to compete for viewers.
It will be titled Ashes to Ashes, which has been shown with the tagline “Regeneration” and will be aired in March.
Ashes to Ashes will cast some of the axed Generations actors, including Patrick Shai.
The Generations saga started in August last year when the 16 went on strike for better pay.
Producer Mfundi Vundla fired them shortly afterwards when they refused to return to work.
Following this, Generations’ last episode aired in September last year, with Generations:
The Legacy coming to our screens on December 1, 2014.