This cauliflower, serrano ham, goat’s cheese and rocket ‘pizza’ is made with a cauliflower and mozzarella crust. Leave out the serrano ham if you prefer to make it veggie friendly. Cook’s tip: If you don’t have a lot of time, simply add the toppings to your favourite store-bought margherita pizza bases. Just be sure to bake the pizza bases before adding the toppings.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time: 1 hour
½ small (200g) head cauliflower, thinly sliced
32g Parmesan, finely grated
½ medium (250g) head cauliflower
4 fat garlic cloves, peeled
15ml (1 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
120g (1 cup) mozzarella, grated
3 eggs, beaten
10ml (2 tsp) dried basil
10ml (2 tsp) dried parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
60g serrano ham, sliced
150g goat’s cheese log, sliced
handful fresh rocket
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. For the topping, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the thinly sliced cauliflower on the tray, drizzle with some olive oil and roast until golden, 15 – 20 minutes. As soon as the cauliflower comes out of the oven, dust the slices with Parmesan. Keep warm until needed.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C and place a large, clean, flat baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- For the base, place the cauliflower and garlic in a food processor and blitz until it forms a coarse texture (similar to the texture of cooked rice). Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, stir in the ground-up cauliflower mixture and fry until it starts to soften, 5 minutes. Place the mixture in a mixing bowl and combine it with the mozzarella, eggs and dried herbs. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven and spray it with cooking spray. Spread the cauliflower mixture onto the tray to form the base. It should be about 1cm thick. Bake until golden and the sides begin to crisp up, 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and loosen the bottom with a spatula.
- Scatter the roasted Parmesan-dusted cauliflower over the base. To serve, top with the ham, goat’s cheese slices and fresh rocket.