Hot summer weather needs cool icy recipes and this watermelon and strawberries sobert is perfect for any hot day.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint minced (optional)
- Bring water and sugar to the boil in a small heavy saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place watermelon, strawberries and sugar syrup in a blender. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Strain and discard seeds and pulp.
- Transfer puree to a deep plastic container or dish.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- Stir in mint. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
This article first appeared in Living and Loving and has been republished with permission.