Combine the sweetness of simple syrup with the sourness of lime juice for a well-balanced drink.
This recipe, originally shared by All4Women, is extremely easy to make and a great way to kickstart the weekend.
3 tbsp simple syrup (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water)
6 tbsp white rum
4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (bottled juice is not a suitable substitute)
8 ice blocks
1. To make your simple syrup, boil together the sugar and the water until it forms a thick syrup.
2. Put this in a bottle and store it in your fridge for your festive season cocktail needs.
3. To make your daiquiri, add all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker (or a large glass bottle with a screw cap).
4. Shake it very vigorously for a minute.
5. Pour into cocktail glasses, making sure any remaining ice stays behind.
Recipe by Lizet Hartley, courtesy of Melkkos & Merlot