2 bread slices, cut into star shapes (making 3-4 star shapes)
2 thick cheddar cheese slices, cut into star shapes (making 3-4 star shapes)
½ English cucumber, thinly sliced, cut into star shapes
6 pieces of cos lettuce, torn
6 rosa tomatoes, rinsed
6 slices of smoked chicken
6 round shaped pretzels, optional
Fruit: pineapple wedge, a handful of blueberries and strawberries
1. On each skewer, thread the star shaped bread along with lettuce and two cucumber slices.
2. Then fold the chicken into a zigzag and thread in.
3. Now thread in the star shaped cheese, tomato and end off with the pretzel.
4. Pack the skewers into a lunch box.
5. Place the fruit together in a different compartment of the same lunch box or in a smaller lunch box.
6. Serve with the yoghurt, chilled water or orange juice with mint.
Recipe supplied by Siba Mtongana