It is easy to prepare and sure to wow the crowds. It can be served as a starter course or as the main dish.
200g mixed soft herbs like coriander, basil and Italian parsley
150ml extra virgin olive oil
50g pine nuts or any other nuts that you have
200g parmesan cheese grated
Salt and pepper to taste
200g squid ink spaghetti
Prepared pesto verde
150g black salami or charcuterie of your choice
Couple glugs extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan and pine nuts to garnish
1. For the pesto verde, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until a course texture has developed.
2. Serve fresh or let it rest overnight.
3. Cook the pasta in a large pot with well-salted water until al dente.
4. Strain and sprinkle with olive oil.
5. Stir through the pesto verde and serve immediately with lashings of olive oil, parmesan, pine nuts and generous helpings of salami or charcuterie.
Recipe supplied by chef Mynhardt Joubert of Cathedral Cellar