Topped with Béarnaise sauce, it’s the perfect choice for a romantic dinner for two.
500g Chateaubriand steak
4 tbsp olive oil
A few sprigs of thyme
4 garlic cloves, skin on
Salt and pepper
Shot of brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and rub the steak with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Sear the meat:
2. Place pan over high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, place the meat into the pan and seal on all sides until well browned – approximately 1.5 minutes per side.
Cook the meat:
3. Add butter, garlic and thyme to the pan and allow it to warm through.
4. Transfer the tenderloin and the contents of the pan to a roasting tray. Place into the preheated oven and cook to your preference:
- For medium rare, about 15 minutes.
- For medium, about 20 minutes.
- For medium well, about between 23–25 minutes.
5. Remove and rest untouched for 15 minutes before slicing.
6. Once plated, heat a shot of brandy and light it. Pour over prepared steak and wait for flames to die down.
Recipe supplied by Checkers