2 eggs (pasteurised)
200ml milk (nut milks also work)
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp sugar (or use sugar alternatives like Xylitol)
½ tsp ground cinnamon
75ml brandy or alcohol of your choice (sherry, whisky or vodka)
100ml milk (if you decide to make a custard)
1. If you want to make the eggnog only using raw eggs, simply mix all the ingredients together in a blender or with a hand whisk.
2. If you want it extra creamy you can whisk the whole eggs together for a minute or two until it becomes a light yellow and more voluminous.
3. From the additional ingredients, add alcohol of your choice.
1. If you decide to warm the eggs, mix all ingredients in a small pot and add 100ml of milk. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring or whisking contentiously.
2. Turn heat down and continue whisking or stirring while adding in the alcohol or omit it entirely.
3. The eggnog is ready when it reaches a sauce-like consistency.