Crumbed cheese patty
150g Heidi Emmentaler cheese, cut into large blocks and sliced thinly
150g Heidi Raclette cheese
½ cup plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
50 g beef mince
½ onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
1 tbsp oregano, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
4 sesame seed burger buns, toasted
Slices of gherkin
1. Dip the slices of Heidi Emmentaler cheese into flour, then the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs to coat.
2. Add another bread layer by dipping the slices back into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs for a final coating. You can make these ahead of time and put them in the fridge to firm up.
3. Heat cooking oil in a deep pan for frying, then fry the crumbed Emmentaler cheese patties until the crust is golden and the cheesy centre is gooey. Set aside.
4. Make the burger patties by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well with your hands until all the ingredients are evenly combined. Shape into four patties then cook in a hot pan until done to your liking.
5. Heat a pan and add the slices of Heidi Raclettec cheese to the hot pan. Leave them to start melting and bubbling before stirring. The cheese is ready when it’s all melted. Be careful not to burn it.
6. To assemble, place the lettuce, tomatoes and gherkins onto the bottom half of the toasted bun. Top with the meat patty, followed by the crispy cheese patty and finally pour over the melted Heidi Raclette cheese. Top with the bun and serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by Checkers