175ml beer, ale or stout
50 ml double cream
125g light muscovado sugar
450g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Pour 75ml of the beer into a saucepan along with the cream and sugar. Stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Sdd the remaining ale, bring to a boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
3. Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour the warm ale over. If the liquid is too hot the mixture will split. Stir slowly but constantly to melt the chocolate.
4. Cool to room temperature, then roll into truffles.
5. Coat with cocoa powder and keep in the fridge until needed. Remove from the fridge 20 minutes before serving.
Tip: Choose Castle Milk Stout to help complement, rather than contrast, with the bitterness in the chocolate.
Recipe supplied by AB InBev