2,5 kg yellowtail
4 onions, sliced into rings
½ cup water
4 tsp salt
3 cups white vinegar
½ cup sugar
2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp mild curry powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 piece whole ginger, broken up
10 coriander seeds
2 bay leaves
1. Clean the fish and slice into portions.
2. Heat the rest of the ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Place the fish in the hot mixture and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
4. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon, but be careful not to break it up. Place the fish in a glass dish and pour the sauce over it.
5. Cover with cling wrap and allow it to stand in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days before serving.
Recipe supplied by Clover SA