1 Sugarbird Fynbos Original Gin Egg (25ml) – available at Pick n Pay
Slice of grapefruit
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1. Create a simple syrup by dissolving 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of water in a pot on the stove.
2. When the sugar has dissolved, add a few sprigs of rosemary and a small handful of berries.
3. Once the syrup has taken on the colour of the berries, you can remove the berries and the rosemary. Cool completely before use.
4. In a coupe glass (or your favourite cocktail glass), mix the Sugarbird Cape Fynbos Gin Egg with a single shot of infused simple syrup.
5. Top with Indian Tonic and some ice cubes. Drop in a few berries, a sprig of rosemary and a halved slice of grapefruit.