300g dark chocolate, chopped
200g muscovado sugar
175ml boiling water
225g unsalted butter, diced
6 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
A pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, then grease and line a 23cm cake tin.
2. Add the chopped chocolate and sugar to a food processor and blend until it forms a powder then add the boiling water, butter, yolks and salt. Blend again until properly mixed.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a clean, grease free bowl until the stiff peaks stage
4. Add a spoonful of egg white to the chocolate mixture then carefully fold this back into the egg white, a spoonful at a time
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the middle.
6. Cool the cake and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe supplied by AB InBev