7g bicarbonate of soda
30g ginger, grated
500g white sesame seeds
1. For the cake, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients together. Add gradually to egg and sugar mixture. Beat the milk into mixture.
3. Place mixture into a lined baking tray. Bake at 160°C for 40 minutes.
4. For the syrup, add all ingredients together into a pot and bring to the boil.
5. Once the cake is out of the oven, perforate with fork and pour syrup into cake and allow to soak.
6. For the sesame tuile, heat all ingredients together. Add flour.
7. Bake at 180°C for 9 minutes.
8. For the popcorn crumb, shallow-fry popcorn in a wide based pan with salt. Keep the lid on, pop all the popcorn.
9. Let it cool, place in a blender and pulse until a soil is formed.
10. To serve: heat up malva in the oven. Place popcorn soil down, the malva on top. Add a scoop of your favourite ice cream and a sesame snap on top to garnish.