2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups leeks, sliced
¼ cup butter
¼ cup cake flour
2 cups chicken stock
1 large roasted chicken, shredded
1 tin dessert & cooking cream
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 roll puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
1. Lightly sauté sliced onions and garlic in butter. Add mushrooms and leeks, and fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add a ¼ cup butter and slowly stir in the flour to form a paste. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring constantly. Continue cooking for 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
3. Add the shredded chicken to the thickened sauce, along with the cream. Add the dried thyme and season to taste.
4, Simmer gently for 5 minutes until heated through. Pour mixture into an ovenproof dish.
5. Cover with pastry and trim the edge. Use a fork to press and seal the edges.
6. Brush with egg wash and cut a small cross into the center to allow steam to escape.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C or until golden brown. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
View this post on Instagram
Recipe supplied by Foodies of SA