1kg queen prawns, cleaned with tail intact
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
10ml fresh ginger, grated
4 spring onions, finely chopped
100ml fresh coriander, chopped
200ml lite coconut milk
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
10ml ground cumin
5ml garam masala
Zest and juice of 1 lime
5ml palm sugar or brown sugar
Salt, to taste
1. Prepare the coals for the braai.
2. Put all the ingredients for the spice paste in a food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
3. In a mixing bowl, coat the raw prawns with the paste.
4. Lay out a double layer of foil, place the prawn mixture in the middle and crimp-seal the parcel.
5. Place the parcel on top of the braai and cook until the prawns turn pink, about 15 – 20 minutes.
Note: To support seafood sustainability, choose farmed varieties of prawns over local, wild varieties and Mozambican prawns.
Brought to you by Food and Home