8 slices sourdough bread
12 rashers streaky bacon
2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
16 slices mozzarella
4 tbsp VIP sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
Softened butter for spreading
1. Prepare your braai and preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with foil and place rashers of bacon down neatly. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until just crispy.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices butter side down onto a braai grid. Spread each open slice with VIP sauce.
3. Assemble the sandwiches by layering all the ingredients on top of the VIP sauce; cheese, tomato, onion and bacon. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the inside of the other bread slices with VIP sauce and top each sandwich, butter side out.
5. Close the braai grid over the sandwiches and braai until well toasted and crunchy.
6. Slice and serve straight away with extra VIP sauce for dipping.