150g fresh breadcrumbs
Large handful fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, mint, etc.), roughly chopped + extra, to garnish
Zest of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
30ml (2 tbsp) mustard
2 racks lamb cutlets (about 12 chops in total)
White bean mash
2 x 400g tins white beans
2 garlic cloves, peeled
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful fresh mint
80g Parmesan, grated
120ml olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. For the lamb, mix together the breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest and garlic.
2. Spread the mustard over the fatty part of the lamb rack and use this to adhere the breadcrumb mixture to the rack.
3. Place in the oven and cook, 15 – 20 minutes for medium rare (add an extra 5 minutes for well done).
4. For the white bean mash, place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to a fine purée. Season well to taste.
5. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest, covered, 10 minutes. Serve warm with the white bean mash, and garnish with fresh herbs.
Brought to you by Food and Home