Easy to make, this delightful combination of flavours and textures makes for a perfect end to memorable meal, providing a drool-worthy gastronomic medley for friends and family.
5 sheets Mediterranean Delicacies phyllo pastry
½ cup butter, melted
50g ginger biscuits, blended to a crumb
80g dark chocolate, chopped
50g almond flakes, toasted
825g tin of pear halves. drained and sliced
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking tray.
2. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and orange zest together.
3. Lay the first sheet of phyllo out onto your work surface and brush with melted butter. Top with a second sheet and brush with butter again. Repeat with the remaining sheets and finish with a brush of butter.
4. Leaving a 3cm border around the edges of the pastry, scatter the ginger biscuits, chocolate and almond flakes evenly over the centre. Top with the pear slices and sprinkle over the sugar mix.
5. Fold the 3cm border on the left and right sides of the pastry inwards over the filling and roll the pastry up to form a strudel. Transfer to the baking tray and brush with the remaining butter.
6. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until browned and crisped. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving with ice cream or cream
(You can also serve it cold.)
Recipe supplied by Mediterranean Delicacies