1 whole garlic head, halved
1 lemon, halved
1 packet pickling spice
Salt and black peppercorns, to taste
2kg pickled brisket
1kg potatoes, peeled and halved
1 garlic bulb
500ml (2 cups) milk
20g (2 tbsp) butter
1. Add all stock ingredients to a pot. Add the brisket and bring to a boil. Cook until soft, about 2 hours. Drain and set aside.
2. Boil the potatoes until soft.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. Pour the milk into a roasting dish. Cut tips off the garlic bulb and place upside-down in the milk. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
5. Mash the potatoes with butter and roasted garlic. Serve the brisket together with the mashed potatoes.
Brought to you by Food and Home