400ml good quality vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
30ml (2tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 medium aubergines, chopped
2 large red onions, finely chopped
4 carrots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 x 410g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
5ml (1 tsp) curry powder
Fresh coriander, to garnish
Green salad, to serve
1. Put the couscous in a bowl. Bring the stock to the boil and pour over the couscous. Season to taste.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand.
3. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add aubergines, red onions, carrots and garlic.
4. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, cumin and curry powder, and cook until heated, about 2 minutes.
5. Add this mixture to the couscous, adjust the seasoning and mix well. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve hot with a green salad.
Brought to you by Food and Home