1kg pork schnitzel
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
120g (1 cup) cake flour
3 large eggs, beaten
240g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
100g parmesan, freshly grated
45ml (3 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
45ml (3 tbsp) fresh sage, chopped
1 lemon, quartered, to serve
1. Flatten the pork between baking paper, pat dry and season.
2. Place the flour into one bowl, the eggs into another and the parmesan and herbs into a third.
3. Dredge each pork portion in the flour, then dip into the egg and lastly press into the parmesan mixture. Repeat with all the pork schnitzels. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and carefully add the schnitzels one at a time, cooking for about 10 minutes on each side and then drain.
5. Serve hot with the lemon.
Brought to you by Food and Home