250ml (1 cup) espresso, cooled
500ml (2 cups) fresh cream
250ml (1 cup) full cream milk
200g icing sugar, sifted
30ml (2 tbsp) vanilla essence
150g Nestlé Peppermint Crisp chocolate, roughly chopped
Ice cream cones, to serve (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except the chocolate.
2. Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions, 30 minutes.
3. Alternatively, if an ice cream maker is not available, place the cream mixture in a freezer-proof bowl and freeze to firm up, about 2 hours.
4. Just before frozen (it will be thick but still pourable), beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Fold through the chocolate chunks.
5. Transfer the espresso and peppermint chocolate ice cream mixture to a 1-litre loaf tin. Place the loaf tin in the freezer, 6 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, add scoops of the ice cream to bowls or cones, if desired.
Brought to you by Food and Home