For the steak:
2 thick cut sirloin steaks
1 1/2 cups Castle Milk Stout
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
30ml olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
For the butter:
120g butter, softened
2 tbsps Castle Milk Stout
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1/4 tsp salt
- Make the butter first by adding the softened butter, Castle Milk Stout, Sriracha sauce and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Lay a piece of cling wrap on a flat surface and scoop the butter in a long line onto the cling wrap.
- Fold the cling wrap over the butter and form into a tight log. Tightly wrap the log with the cling wrap and refrigerate to set, about 30 minutes.
- For the steak, stir together Castle Milk Stout, garlic powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce in a shallow bowl big enough to accommodate steaks.
- Add the steaks, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours turning occasionally to marinate both sides.
- 30 minutes prior to cooking, remove the steak from marinade and pat dry. Allow to sit at room temperature for the remainder of the 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Braai steaks for four minutes on one side then flip and fry on the other side for another four minutes (for medium rare – cook longer if you want your steaks medium or well done).
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and allow to rest for five minutes. Serve steaks with a generous slice of Sriracha butter.