Organic Facts shares some fabulous benefits of drinking cranberry juice – so many, in fact, that you should already be off to the grocery store to buy some.
1. It treats urinary tract infections (UTI): Studies have shown that cranberry juice contains proanthocyanidins, which possess anti-clinging properties that prevent bacteria from binding itself to the cells on the walls of the bladder.
2. It has anti-tumour effects: This is thanks to the presence of polyphenolic compounds within the fruit.
3. It improves cardiovascular health: Cranberry juice can help lower the risk of heart-related ailments and assist in sustaining cardiovascular health, report experts.
4. It prevents tooth decay: Studies show that cranberry juice prevents tooth cavities thanks to the aforementioned proanthocyanidins, which inhibit harmful bacteria from clinging to the teeth.
5. Helps with respiratory infections: Organicfacts.net reveals that cranberry juice inhibits certain strains of the Haemophilus influenza, which is a common cause of ear and respiratory infections in children.
6. It prevents cancer: Again, the proanthocyanidins in the fruit inhibit growth of various cancer cells, say experts.
7. It strengthens bones and teeth: It’s a natural source of calcium, which reduces the risk of getting osteoporosis.
8. It can assist with colds: It’s known for helping fight against infections.
9. It’s good for obesity: Being rich in organic acids, it has an emulsifying effect on the fat deposits in our body.
10. It prevents kidney stones: This is thanks to the high amount of acid components in cranberry juice which prevents kidney stone formation.
11. It treats peptic ulcers: Studies have shown that a regular intake of cranberry juice can suppress the infection.
12. It prevents scurvy: Cranberries provide high levels of vitamin C, which is also vital for the body to make collagen, the main component behind the healthy functioning of tissues.
13. It treats lung inflammation: Organicfact.net reveals that a substance called non-dialysable material or NDM present in the cranberries prevents the influenza virus from sticking to the cells and hence preventing a flu infection.
14. It has anti-ageing benefits: According to scientists, cranberries play a vital role in providing protection against the problems that develop with age, such as memory loss and lack of co-ordination.
Brought to you by People Magazine