Competition is NOW CLOSED.
Congratulations to our winner:
- Agnes Tauatswala
When it comes to making tea, there is no-one quite as committed as Joekels, the makers of Tetley tea for the South African market. They cram 10% more tea into every tea bag – making Tetley the biggest teabag in South Africa. It’s no surprise then that, when it comes to loving tea, there are no fans quite as committed as Tetley’s. Tea-lovers across the country can’t get enough of the full-bodied, big flavour of Tetley’s Premium Blend tea.
Try this Tetley tea poached pears recipe:
180g Brown sugar
8 pods Cardamom, 5 whole and 3 crushed
2 teabags Tetley Premium Black Tea
4 Pears, ripe but firm, halved and cored with stems on
1 TBSP Freeze-dried coconut shavings
1 TBSP Coconut yogurt
1 sheet Wax paper
Pair of scissors
- Bring the water, sugar, Tetley Black teabags and cardamom pods to a boil.⠀⠀⠀
- Trim the wax paper to be able to fit over the top of the pot with a hole in the middle cut out.⠀⠀⠀
- Once the sugar has dissolved, place the pears into the pot and place the trimmed wax paper over the pot and allow to simmer for 15 mins.⠀⠀⠀
- Once the pears are tender, remove the pot from the heat and the pears from the poaching liquid, using a slotted spoon.⠀⠀⠀
- Place the poaching liquid back on the stove and allow to reduce, until the liquid has become a syrup consistency.⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
- Serve the pears with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and a dusting of freeze-dried coconut shavings, drizzled with the poaching liquid.
Toasted Nuts can be used as a substituted for coconut shavings
Vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche can be used as a substitute for coconut yogurt
Competition closes Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at midnight.
Competition will run online only. Ts&Cs apply. By entering the competition, you accept The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions.