PLUS 1 winner will also win double tickets for Airsoft HQ valued at R2 400 which includes:
2 x game passes
2 x lunches
2 x hire rifles M4s with batteries magazine and 300 BB’s
Airsoft is a massive sport internationally with a huge community in countries such as Japan, USA, Canada, and the UK. Now, this phenomenon is in South Africa. Airsoft uses military simulations and is safe and fun, but very realistic.
For more information on Airsoft HQ visit www.airsoft-hq.co.za
The really Awesome gaming expo will bring a galaxy of everything that is geek to the Ticketpro Dome at Northgate from 6-8 October 2017. Over the course of the weekend tens of thousands of enthusiastic fans descend on the venue for three days of gaming, technology, gadgets, and geek lifestyle entertainment.
Visitors can buy new games and consoles, try their hand at new games and even try out pre-release games, chat with local comic book artists, or take selfies with their favourite cosplayers. Many call it the event of the year, where you can escape your reality for a single day or even the whole weekend.
Returning for its fifteenth year, rAge, brought to you by VS Gaming, is SA’s biggest video game, technology and geek culture event. Suitable for the whole family, rAge offers visitors an unrivalled experience jam-packed with competitions, eSports tournaments, exhibitions, and tons of geek paraphernalia. Celebrating gaming and popular culture, the expo uniquely caters for casual fans and dedicated gamers alike, and promises to be an event that’s not to be missed.
COMPLETE THE ENTRY FORM BELOW TO ENTER:
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS:
- Boitumelo Padi – Airsoft HQ
- Grayson George
- Lauren Gibbs
- Roger Seabi
- Adelina Nhlapo
Competition closes on Sunday 1 October 2017 at midnight.
The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions apply.
Dates: 6 October – 8 October 2017
Show times: Friday: 10:00-18:00 | Saturday: 09:00-18:00 | Sunday: 09:00-16:00
Day ticket: R120 per person (Tickets available at the door or via TicketPro outlets)
Weekend ticket: R300 per person (Tickets available at the door or via TicketPro outlets)
Kids under 6: Free
Venue: TicketPro Dome | Cnr Olievenhout Avenue and Northumberland Road | Northriding, Johannesburg | GPS: 26 03’48.39”S / 27 56’35.54”E
Want to know more about what’s in store on the show floor? We’ve got you covered with some of the highlights.
Computers, Hardware & Gadgets
- HP will have their HP OMEN pop up store where people can interact with and purchase the latest OMEN products.
- Pixel Customs will be showcasing hand painted PS4 and Xbox one controllers.
- Codation specialize in custom water cooled PC’s and their respective components and will be running a giveaway to win a custom water-cooled mini-itx PC over the weekend.
- Young Pioneer will be showcasing many smartphone and computer accessories as well as gaming accessories; from virtual keyboard sets to top of the range headsets.
- Astrum Peripherals will be highlighting and retailing a variety of their key products such as the Premium Bluetooth stereo headset, the slim clear sound Bluetooth speaker, the HD 720 pixel camera with WIFI and built-in mic, a flexible and portable slim LED table lamp as well as the USB3.0 type C universal docking system as well as.
Animation, VR & Game Development
- Mattador Starfish, a local game development company focusing on bringing sustainable change to people’s lives, will be showcasing their first game, Codex Knights, at the Home_Coded stand. Codex Knights is a 3D action RPG puzzler designed to encourage and promote reading to all ages, but particularly aimed at kids and teenagers. Codex Knights is being designed to immerse you in the worlds of some fantastical books. You can explore these worlds and interact with the characters and events in the book.
- Local game developers Givit Game Studios will also be exhibiting at the Home_Coded stand, and will be officially launching its first commercial release game titled The Adventures of Sam Carlisle: The hunt for the lost treasure at rAge. Two years in the making, with the musical talent of Pieter Smal and the voice of South African actor Deon Coetzee, this game raises awareness on Alzheimer’s as the main character in the game has the Alzheimer’s disease and as you progress in the game, you see that the main character can’t figure out the difference between reality and fiction.
- AS Game Development College will be showcasing some of their students work as well as demonstrating Virtual Reality with a VR system set up on their stand.
- WeThinkCode_ is a revolutionary tech university dedicated to deliver South Africa’s human potential and meet the increasing demand for software engineering skills. In partnership with world-class institution Ecole 42 (based in Paris and Silicon Valley), WeThinkCode_ trains young minds to become software engineers that think differently and are equipped with skills to thrive in the digital era. WeThinkCode_ will be showcasing their gaming abilities and skill sets developed on their course.
- Vega School, which offers an IIE Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences in Game Design and Development degree, will be exhibiting at rAge. Make sure to visit them to find out more about how to study at Vega and pursue a career in game design and development.
Geek Culture & Lifestyle
- Cosplay workshops will be held on the cosplay stage during the course of the weekend. Topics include wig styling, a make-up panel and a Cosplay 101 Q&A. There will also be a Geek Fashion Show taking place Saturday 7 October at 2pm.
- Hot 91.9 FM will be broadcasting live from the expo. Visit their stand for old-school classic pinball games as well as branded merchandise.
- The Silver Spire manufactures 100% hand-crafted Sterling Silver jewelry with a variety of video-game related pendants, bracelets, earrings, rings and keychains for sale as well as other fantasy/mystical themed pieces for both men and women.
- Airsoft HQ brings you combat training and military simulations as well as supplying high quality Airsoft guns & supplies. With this sport being recognized internationally and exponentially growing in South Africa, you want to visit their stand to find out more or book your spot in their next game.
- PlayStation will be featuring GT Sport on their stand as well as ‘behind closed doors’ screenings of content on God of War.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be playable as pre-release code on the Xbox Stand: The sequel to the critically-acclaimed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – winner of over 50 industry awards – arrives October 10th! Continuing the original story of Talion and Celebrimbor, who must now go behind enemy lines to forge an army and turn all of Mordor against the Dark Lord, Sauron. Visitors will be able to immerse themselves in the epic scale of Middle-earth as they forge a new ring and siege epic fortresses. Experience a richer and more personal world full of new enemy types, stronger personalities and deeper stories – anyone you face can now evolve from a lowly soldier to a mighty overlord, personal nemesis or ally.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 will be playable pre-release code on the LEGO main stand: Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humour, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across a myriad of Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.
- Call of Duty® returns to its roots with the highly anticipated Call of Duty®: WWII – a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. At rAge, visitors will get hands-on time with Call of Duty:WWII on PlayStation 4 before the game launches globally on 4 November. Prepare for fast-paced, grounded action with an arsenal of iconic weapons and equipment across many of World War II’s most iconic locations in history’s most monumental war.
- Ubisoft will be showcasing their award-winning line up at rAge 2017 which will include the majestic Assassins Creed Origins that is set during the time of Cleopatra, Julius Ceaser and Bayek. You will be able to restore freedom to Hope County and stop the Father and his followers in Far Cry 5 and enjoy unrestrained exploration on ground, see and sky in The Crew 2. For a touch of humour get your hands on South Park The Fractured But Whole and defeat the dark power that has spread its evil tentacles over South Park. To end it all off, join Mario and the Rabbids in the Mushroom World on Nintendo Switch.
For a full list of exhibitors visit http://www.rageexpo.co.za/exhibitor-hall/
To properly celebrate #15yearsofawesome, the organisers have also added a little extra to the mix – with a massive prize giveaway for visitors. Details on this ‘once in a rAge lifetime’ experience are available on the NAG website. In addition, doors will open early for the first time ever on Sunday – giving visitors a chance to enjoy more of the 100% sold-out show.
rAge is shaping up to be an unmissable event for geeks and gamers everywhere, with a long list of activities, AAA games and specialty stages to keep the whole family entertained.
For more information about rAge, please visit rAge expo.