22.1.2020 04:14 pm
SA’s former cricket boss believes the men that have handed the Proteas’ bowling kingpin his ban might be ‘overreacting’.
Kagiso Rabada, sitting out the Proteas’ crucial fourth Test against England at the Wanderers from Friday through suspension, has been the victim of skewed priorities by the International Cricket Council.
South Africa’s heavy defeat to England in PE has led to renewed speculation over his future. But he’s still committed for now.
The left-arm spinner puts the specialist batters to shame as he holds up England’s victory drive.
As the Proteas stare a massive defeat in the face, their coach takes responsibility and says his skipper isn’t retiring anytime soon.
The Proteas courageous new quick, whose affectionate name became known earlier this week, certainly plays the game with determination and spirit.
While Boucher said Rabada’s repeated infringing would need to be addressed, he did express some misgivings over the ICC code of conduct.
Once again, Faf du Plessis’ bowling attack looks bereft of ideas as the KG Rabada ban bites.
Both former internationals said Rabada had let his team down by being a repeat disciplinary offender as England took control of the third Test.
Even a legendary former England skipper feels the Protea quick’s sanction is ridiculous.
The brilliant quick’s temper let’s him down again as he pleads guilty to an ICC charge which now has big consequences.
Charl Langeveldt has some fun after being asked about rookie quick Anrich Nortje.
It was toil for the home attack against a patient England batting order, though Vernon Philander’s lack of use was mildly controversial.
On a day where there was little help for the seamers, South Africa’s spinner took responsibility.
The classy stroke-maker will surely now be back in consideration for the Test team.
The Proteas assistant coach was big collateral damage as the governing body imploded last month, but he’s enjoying his new role under ‘inclusive’ Mark Boucher.