Eskom spokesperson Khulu Phasiwe on Wednesday night confirmed to Talk Radio 702 that Koko had received a confirmation of his suspension from the power producer.
Earlier this month, Koko was reinstated as Eskom’s group executive for generation after he was cleared in disciplinary hearings. He was facing six charges, among others, for allegedly failing to declare a conflict of interest after a company in which his stepdaughter had shares, Impulse International, was awarded a R1-billion tender.
“In December 2017, the Eskom Board received the final report from the chairperson of the disciplinary case involving suspended Eskom Group Executive for Generation, Mr Matshela Koko. The report found Mr Koko not guilty of any wrongdoing and he has now been reinstated to his position with effect from 02 January 2018,” Phasiwe said at the time.
In a tweet on Wednesday night, Koko said he was now facing additional charges and said he welcomed the developments.
I have since this evening received a confirmation of my suspension from Eskom. I have been served with new charges. I welcome these developments and once again look forward to clearing my name in a tribunal.
— Matshela Koko (@koko_matshela) January 31, 2018
– Additional reporting ANA