Costly booze, luxury threads from high-end stores and stays at exclusive hotels are how Brendon Naidoo, the boyfriend of popular DJ Zinhle, spent cash that had been invested with him through a scheme.
He allegedly promised returns of up to 50%, telling two sisters who had taken R500 000 off their parents’ pension that they would see a profit of R500 000, amounting to R1 million. Instead, they say they received nothing and, together with other people who had given Naidoo money to invest, decided to open charges of fraud.
Naidoo was arrested on Saturday and will spend seven days in prison until his next court appearance next week.
According to The Sowetan, bank statements that form part of the prosecutor’s evidence show that R3.4 million was deposited in Naidoo’s account, and he proceeded to spend R1 million, redirecting those funds into his personal account.
This is how he spent the cash documents reveal
- Clothes from Street Gear and Aca Joe – R2 900
- Hiring of luxury vehicles for R22 620
- Apparel from luxury store Louis Vuitton worth R17 200
- R5 000 on booze at Norman Goodfellows bottle store in Rivonia
- R3 000 was spent on partying at The Bank nightclub in Rosebank
- R17 082 was splurged on alcohol at Hillbrow Liquor store
- He also apparently bought airtime worth R5 800 in 25 transactions
- R2 000 was transferred to his girlfriend, DJ Zinhle
Click on map below of where Naidoo went and how he allegedly spent some of the money he was supposed to invest on behalf of clients