VACANCY – SENIOR CONTENT PRODUCER
City: Industria West
The Citizen is seeking a Senior Content Producer to join its digital team to enhance all aspects of its digital media (social, online and multimedia). The suitable candidate will be part of a vibrant, forward-thinking team. It is the ideal opportunity for a young, energetic and self-motivated person. The ideal candidate will report directly to the Deputy Digital Editor.
• Maintenance, updating and scheduling of content across The Citizen’s digital platforms, while performing the task of the senior among the administrators.
• Writing, editing and processing content in line with the publication’s style.
• Check that content is edited, headlined and adheres to the high journalistic standards.
• Source/create relevant images and/or multimedia for the digital content.
• Suggest innovative ways to improve all digital platforms performance.
• Monitoring of trends, wires, social media and competitor sites for breaking and/or relevant news and to grow all digital platforms traffic.
• Relevant degree in journalism, multimedia or related fields.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Experience in the digital environment.
• Strong computer skills and a good knowledge of the web, multimedia and social media.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics.
• Knowledge of CMS, web software and Adobe Photoshop.
• Knowledge of HTML, SEO.
• Video editing skills.
• Hunger to learn and develop quickly in a deadline driven environment.
• Can work independently or as a member of a team.
• Can take direction well.
• Display an interest in digital media technology and innovation.
• Work accurately with speed and focus.
• Willing to work irregular hours.
• Ability to subedit and write clean, grammatically correct copy.
Preference will be given to individuals who will add to the diversity of the organisation.
Suitable applications with a full CV to be sent to: email@example.com
Reference in subject line: SENIOR CONTENT PRODUCER
Closing date for applications: 4 MAY 2017
The Citizen reserves the right not to fill this position.
Should you not receive any communication from The Citizen, please regard your application as unsuccessful