The Citizen in print is a compact tabloid daily newspaper focused on bringing strong, easy to read news and information to our readers in a way that suits their busy lifestyles. Appearing on weekdays and on Saturdays, The Citizen covers a large variety of reader interest subjects such as news, sport, business, politics, entertainment and leisure, motoring, health, analysis, auctions and horse racing just to name a few.
This philosophy is also the cornerstone of our electronic platforms where we provide easy to digest, up to date news and information to our online community.
In the words of former editor, Martin Williams: “Editorially we strive to serve our readership which covers a broad range, racially and politically. Our aim is to be clear, forthright and lively, with up-to-date news and opinion, including much input from The Citizen readers. Items are generally short and crisp, allowing busy people to keep up to speed, while also providing longer features for those who have more time to relax with the paper.”
Started in 1976, The Citizen has grown and evolved in the years that followed. In 1998 it was bought by Caxton and CTP Publishers and Printers Limited, which is recognised as one of the largest publishers and printers of books, magazines, newspapers and commercial print in South Africa. The company is involved in various fields of publishing and printing such as newspapers, magazines, commercial print, book printing, stationery, packaging and labels, as well as manufacturing ink for web presses.
- I sacrificed my life – Tongo ...
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Serero fitness boost for Bafana
- Barker endorses PSL decision
- CAF deny AFCON 2015 postponement deal
- One more Pirates game called off
- Free transport to Meyiwa funeral
- Gaxa – Senzo is an inspiration
- Limpopo arrest in Meyiwa case untrue ...
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Follow The Citizen