The exciting 21-year-old midfielder has been on the Brazilians’ radar since last year. But even then Langwe’s heart has been set on staying with the team that gave him his break, signing a three-year contract with the Clever Boys at the start of the 2013/14 season.
He confirmed this yesterday at the launch of the Gauteng edition of the Engen Under-17 Knockout Challenge, which will run from July 18 to 20, where he is the tournament’s ambassador.
“There is a lot being said about teams wanting me, I don’t really know anything about that,” Langwe said. “I am taking it as rumours. I am focusing on cementing my place at Wits.
“I would love to start the season with Wits, but you never know what can happen tomorrow,” he concluded.