Waratahs vs Toyota Cheetahs
Date: Saturday, 7 May 2016
SA Time: 11h45
Venue: Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant Referees: Andrew Lees, Graham Cooper
Television Match Official: George Ayoub
- Franco Smith, the Toyota Cheetahs coach, has made several changes from the side that went down 30-17 to the Reds in Brisbane last weekend, for the clash in Sydney.
- Up front, Ox Nche, Elandre Huggett, Luan de Bruin, Francois Uys, Willie Britz and Oupa Mohoje are all included in the starting line-up, with Torsten van Jaarsveld, Charles Marais, Maks van Dyk, Lood de Jager and Uzair Cassiem moving to the replacement bench.
- Among the backs, Tian Meyer and Shaun Venter switch places at scrumhalf, with Venter starting on the bench.
- Captain Francois Venter is also back at inside centre after his withdrawal against the Reds due to a calf injury, with Michael van der Spuy moving back to the bench.
- The Waratahs have lost their last three matches on home soil, all by less than a converted try, with their last home triumph coming in the opening round of the season.
- This will be the Toyota Cheetahs’ third match in a tour of Australia in which they are yet to register a win; they’ve won only one of their last seven matches away from home against Australian opposition.
- On average the Bloemfontein side have seen one of their scrums per game stolen by the opposition, the most of any team in the competition.
- The Waratahs have scored 13 tries from possession originating within their own half of the field, the most of any Australian team and the third most in the competition.
Waratahs: 15 Andrew Kellaway, 14 Reece Robinson, 13 Israel Folau, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Rob Horne, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Jed Holloway, 7 Michael Hooper (captain), 6 Dean Mumm, 5 Will Skelton, 4 David Dennis, 3 Tom Robertson, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Paddy Ryan. Replacements: 16 Hugh Roach, 17 Jeremy Tilse, 18 Angus Taavao, 19 Sam Lousi, 20 Wycliff Palu, 21 Matt Lucas, 22 David Horwitz, 23 Matt Carraro.
Toyota Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Nico Lee, 12 Francois Venter (captain), 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Fred Zeilinga, 9 Tian Meyer, 8 Henco Venter, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Willie Britz, 5 Francois Uys, 4 Carl Wegner, 3 Luan de Bruin, 2 Elandre Huggett, 1 Ox Nche. Replacements: 16 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 17 Charles Marais, 18 Maks van Dyk, 19 Lood de Jager, 20 Uzair Cassiem, 21 Shaun Venter, 22 Niel Marais, 23 Michael van der Spuy.