When your foot hits that pedal every morning, you know it’s the start of another non-stop day. And as women, that day is chockfull of numerous demands, which we continually strive to balance. So when life throws us a curveball, we like to be prepared to get back on track, ASAP.
So what happens if you’re in a car accident and your car’s not safe to drive? You’ll need a tow truck and a lift where you need to go. Not to mention contacting your insurer to lodge a claim.
If you have comprehensive car insurance from 1st for Women, you wouldn’t need to worry about a thing – Guardian Angel on Call would be there to keep you safe and make your life easier. Through the 1st for Women app, you’ll be able to:
- Request Accident Assistance – an authorised tow truck you can track and trust will be sent to your exact location.
- Request a lift– our lift provider will collect you and take you where you need to go.
- Request the stand-by-me service – if you’re feeling unsafe, we’ll send a Guardian Angel to wait with you until help arrives.
And as long as your vehicle is towed by one of our authorised providers, our claims team will be automatically notified and will be in touch with you the next day to register your claim.
The app includes a built-in mobile crash detector that will pick up if you’ve been in a serious accident and send emergency medical assistance – whether you can contact them or not. So had you been knocked unconscious or suffered any other injury in that car accident, help would be on its way. And the best part of all is that you can share Guardian Angel on Call with your regular drivers and up to five of your loved ones.
Now that your car’s been towed, your lift’s arrived and 1st for Women has been notified of your accident, you can sit back, relax, and feel totally at ease, knowing that our claims team will get in touch with you the next day to register your claim. And if you’re wondering what to expect next, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions about the insurance claims process below.
Who can I contact to enquire about the status of my claim?
Your dedicated claims consultant. When your claim is captured, you’ll be given the name and contact details of this consultant who will assist you throughout the claims process. We will keep you updated via e-mail, telephone or SMS, depending on the method of communication you prefer. (If you registered your claim on our website you will be assigned a consultant to keep you up to speed on the status of your claim.)
How long will it take for my claim to be processed?
Your claims consultant will be able to give you more information on how long it will take for your claim to be processed. This will depend on the type and complexity of your claim. You will also be kept up to date on the status of your claim every step of the way.
Don’t forget to…
- Familiarise yourself with your policy terms and conditions – Make sure that you understand what you are covered for and what excesses apply for the various types of cover, for example home, building or vehicle insurance.
- Check that the details on your policy schedule are up to date and correct – make sure that you are adequately insured and that all the details related to the risk covered are stipulated correctly. For example, if you have home contents insurance, is your home address recorded correctly? Or, in the case of car insurance, is the name of the regular driver correct? All this information can be found on the 1st for Women website and can be amended using the ‘Manage my policy’ function. Customers can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our service team on 0861 339 339.
Tips for submitting a vehicle claim
- Ensure that your car is towed by approved towing provider by either requesting Accident Assistance on the 1st for Women app or by phoning the Assist Line on 0860 10 42 12.
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damage to all vehicles involved.
- Collect third party details (if applicable) including: name, surname, cell phone number, ID number, vehicle make and model, vehicle registration and name of their insurer.
Brought to you by 1st for Women
All it takes is one appto have safety, convenience and peace of mind at your fingertips. When you get comprehensive car insurance from 1st for Women, you’ll get the Guardian Angel on Call benefit standard on our app.
Guardian Angel on Callstarts working from the minute you start driving. So if you needed a tow truck, following an accident or breakdown, you could request one at the tap of the app. And if an accident resulted in you needing emergency medical assistance, an ambulance would be sent directly to your location – whether you contact us or not. In addition to this Guardian Angel on Call offers a host of other benefits, including: a Guardian Angel to wait with you if you feel unsafe; arranging a lift to get you where you need to go as well as provision of a roadside assistance provider, that you can track, to your exact location if your vehicle is out of fuel, has a flat battery, or a flat tyre – all through the 1st for Women app.
Simply download and register on the 1st for Women app, input your details(such as your medical aid information and any conditions or allergies you have) and allow the app to access your location. Then share the app with your regular drivers and five loved ones, so that they too can use the Guardian Angel on Call benefit. It’s as easy as that.
First for Women Insurance Company Limited is an authorised financial services provider (FSP licence number: 15261). Terms & Conditions online.